Wednesday, January 7, 2009

014/365: Inverted Crucifix


I'm cheating today. I'm actually posting two pictures. The picture above is my Project 365 picture for the day (that I took). The picture below is just to show you what I was doing in the above picture (except I had my hands down to hold the camera and take the picture! My friend, Kelly, took this picture for me.). This move is called the Inverted Crucifix... and yes that is a pole I'm leaning against... and yes I am upside down... and yes! No hands!!!




I take pole classes at a dance studio in South Philly called Poise (you should all come and check it out!!). I've been bad though. I haven't gone in about a month and boy did I feel it tonight. Stupid holidays messed up my diet and my workout schedule!


It was actually my dad's idea that I try pole dancing. He saw it on Oprah and thought I would enjoy the challenge of it. (I'm super competitive!) I've now been a Poise Girl for 16 months and I would say it has changed my life! Not only am I in great shape, but I now possess a confidence that I never thought I would attain. I love my pole class and the friends I've made because of it! Be prepared to see many more pole pics over the course of this year...


P.S. Thanks ladies for helping me find the perfect pole picture for today! I appreciated all of the ideas!


No comments:

Post a Comment