Saturday, January 3, 2009

010/365: Resolutions


I usually make random resolutions: learn to do a split... read 100 books over the course of a year... master the Heelys...

This year I decided to be a little bit more grown up with my resolutions.

I messed up my credit pretty bad about a year and a half ago. It wasn't all my fault, but I feel that I need to take responsibility for at least some of my problems. I've done a great job over the past 10 months of getting my credit back together... but now I need to be a little more proactive and start budgeting and saving. (My mother, the accountant, can't understand why those two words scare me so much!) I started a weekly direct deposit from my checking account to my ING account so that I can build up a "Rainy Day Fund" for those unforeseen incidents that love to cross my path.

I also had some help (thank you Michelle and Deb!) putting together a budget to help me keep better track of my money and what I do with it. I took this picture after I updated my checking account register this morning... this is a BIG step for me!! From here, I enter everything into my handy dandy 2009 Budget Excel Spread Sheet! (I feel so grown up today, it's crazy!)

Wish me luck with this. I'm so going to need it...

No comments:

Post a Comment