Wednesday, December 31, 2008

007/365: READ in the New Year



Today we celebrated New Years Eve at the library!! The program, Read in the New Year, was hosted by Jennifer, Wendy, and yours truly. We had the kids decorate glitter top hats, gave them noise makers, had a "hat parade" around the library, counted down to the New Year (aka 1 pm), and each took turns reading the kids a story.


I decided to read the group my most favorite picture book, Alice the Fairy by David Shannon. And look at that! I just happened to have the appropriate costume (already at my desk) to go with my book!


After the program was done, I had a little boy come running up to me to tell me he "really liked my wings"! I also had a little girl who kept staring at me with total awe. She must have known that I really am a fairy princess...


No comments:

Post a Comment