Tuesday, December 30, 2008

006/365: The Challenge



Take a deep breath and don't panic! It's just 6 pounds! 6 POUNDS?!? UGH!!!!!


That's right. I gained 6 lbs in one month!!! How did this happen?? I know. I know. It's the holiday season... but that's no excuse. I'm lucky that I'm tall because it's not quite as obvious when I gain weight, but this time I can feel it and it feels awful!!


My roommate, Deb, and I are very competitive people. I went crying to her about my weight gain and she told me it was okay. I'm allowed to gain some weight during the holidays... but now I have to have it off by my birthday! My birthday is the 27th of January. That's 6 pounds in 29 days. Totally doable. Right?


I don't really believe in "weight loss" resolutions so I decided to start my weight loss "challenge" today (instead of waiting to January 1st). I'm a Weight Watchers girl, so I very dutifully calculated my Points all day... and then Dave and I went to Fridays. I was soooooo good though! I got the Dragon Chicken (only 500 calories and 10 grams of fat). It was delicious! It wasn't enough though. Look at my poor plate! I licked it so clean that it doesn't even need to be washed. But it's all I ate and I didn't even cheat and have dessert (although I wanted it!)!! Go me!


1 comment:

  1. I'm in the same boat as you!! I went on vacation in November and stopped my WW counting. I've gained about the same as you...

    Back on track on Tuesday, though. That's my weigh-in and I'm gonna try to lose the remainder that I have!!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete