Thursday, December 25, 2008

001/365: Merry Christmas -Dave


There are three things I crave when I'm sick: apple juice, push pops, and Spaghetti Os.

I used to be engaged. I was with my ex-fiance for 3 1/2 years before I called it off. During those 3 1/2 years, he never bought me any of the aforementioned necessities when I was sick. There was this one time, 5 months before I left, that I was coming down with a cold. I had aches and chills. I felt like death. He told me that he would run to the store and buy me medicine and Spaghetti Os. The whole time he was gone I thought about the Spaghetti Os... It's my comfort food! When he returned I rummaged through the bag of meds and pulled out (to my horror!) a can of Chef Boyardee!

"It's the same thing," he said to me.

Seriously?!?

Fast forward a year and a half...

I've known my boyfriend, Dave, for a couple of years now. We used to work together and now we've been dating for 2 months. I'm ridiculously smitten. I've spent the last month trying to put together the perfect Christmas present... and although he might not agree... I think his present totally blows mine away! I've been sick two times in the past three weeks. I'm miserable. Tonight he gave me my Christmas present... a basket filled with cans of Spaghetti Os!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think this might just be the most perfect present I've ever received. He called it "thoughtful".... I'm calling it "delicious"!

Oh. And the plastic shark? Yeahhhh. I'm scared of fish. True story. Somebody thought he was being funny...

No comments:

Post a Comment