Friday, May 22, 2009

149/365: Sushi with Dave


Growing up, my parents always told me that if I didn't like what I was eating, it was okay to spit it out. They just wanted to make sure I always tried new things.


I love sushi. Dave does not. He always stares at it though when I order it, so I tell him to take a bite. "If you don't like it, Dave, you can always spit it out." Over our 7 months of dating, he has once tried a piece of a Philly Roll. Yesterday we went to lunch and he tried my Spicy Tuna Roll and he liked it... a lot. I told him we would go back out for sushi on Friday and he could try some more.


After going to the movies to see Terminator Salvation, we went to Yokohama, a sushi place 2 minutes from Dave's house. I ordered a Dragon Roll, a Spicy Tuna Roll, a Spicy Salmon Roll, a Philly Roll, and a Queen Roll... and Dave loved it!! Wheeeee! He ate just as much as me and left saying that he would definitely eat sushi again! YAY!

1 comment:

  1. I love the spit rule! It reminds me when Nate doesn't like something and spits it out to hand to me.

    ReplyDelete