Monday, April 27, 2009

124/365: Books by Mail


I recently heard about this fantabulous new pilot program that the Burlington County Library System is doing called Library in a Bag. Once you have a library card with this system, you can go online and request items and have them shipped to your home!! How amazingly cool is that?? It's kind of like Netflix... but with books (and DVDs, too!).

Here's the catch. I don't live in Burlington County. So my wonderful boyfriend, who happens to be a Burlington County resident, went to his local library and got himself a library card so I could try this Library in a Bag thing out. He got his card and then we drove back to his place where I immediately attacked the OPAC and ordered us a DVD that Dave has been wanting to watch.

The DVD has been ordered. Now it's time to wait for the mail...

1 comment:

  1. I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wish Philadelphia had that. I am never able to work around the limited hours at my closest branch and the nearest one with later hours is a nightmare for parking.

    ReplyDelete