Thursday, April 2, 2009

099/365: The Letter


There's this guy that has been coming in to the library and talking to me every day that I've been in for the last week. Tonight he came up to the children's desk (where I was working), gave me this envelope and walked away. Inside was a note asking me if I wanted to go out to dinner, a clipping of two restaurant reviews, and his business card.

I feel so sick now. I'm sure it's totally harmless, but I'm freaked out nonetheless. If he had just asked me out to my face... as awkward as that would have been... I could have said, "I'm sorry, but no. I'm dating someone and I'm not interested." Instead I now have to wait for him to come back into the library or find another way to tell this guy I'm not interested.

I was so freaked out that Dave drove over to the library to walk me to my car. He's my hero tonight! I don't think he knows how grateful I am for that right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment